hi INDiA Copyright 2021
24-Year Old Man Critically Injures After Setting Himself on Fire Before Walking into Gas Station C-Store
HI INDIA NEWS DESK
ATLANTA, GA- A 24-year-old man who set himself on fire before walking into an Atlantic City gas station convenience store early Saturday was hospitalized with “life-threatening” injuries after the incident, a city police report said.
An attendant at the station put the blaze out with an extinguisher and doused smaller fires sparked from the flames from the man, the report said.
The incident happened at a Gulf gas station in the 2000 block of Atlantic Avenue at 12:01 a.m. Saturday. The Somers Point man had allegedly doused himself with rubbing alcohol before using a lighter to set himself on fire, police said.
The fire was finally extinguished when he stepped outside of the store. He was transported to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, City Division after the incident.
Police did not immediately give a motive for his actions.